Friday, November 2, 2007

It's Hard Out Here For A Teenager!

Being a teenager us much harder that people think. Do you know how much energy we use to make it l look like were lazy? I mean, leaving clothes on our floor and not cleaning the dishes is a burdening thought. But thankfully God gave us enough strength to come up with a good excuse. Seriously, I think the only big issue with teenagers is dealing with what type of family they were born into. If you have parents who are the CEO of big companies, then most would expect you do follow suit. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree" I HATE THAT QUOTE! What if the child does want to "fall far from the tree?" With all the pressure of pursuing our parents life for us, we as children just cave and do whatever makes everyone happy. And we end up grumpy.

But that's not my case. For me, it's the siblings that suck. Just want to send a shout out to my big sister and brother for being the perfect students they are. I strongly dislike you right now. Appreciate that...thanks. In middle school, I thought that I would relax and just breeze through high school. SIKE! I had to actually do work, can you believe that? Ugh. So, I never really reached the bars that they set, but I came really close and now that I'm graduating I'm ok with them, because as I worked I realized different options that would never be in reach if I didn't work.

One of the paradoxes for me as a teenager is not wanting what my parents give me. What I mean is, my sibs are both old so when they were my age, my parents had a different mentality, so now when I want to watch tv or something, I can't, but when they give me extra money I don't want it. It hurts my feelings to remember the privileges that they had and when my turn comes around, how fast those privileges expire. How convenient (said sarcastically). But I try not to sweat it too much. Because guess who is taking care of those two parents when they're old. NOT ME! I'm just kidding...but seriously, I'm not taking care of them...maybe my sis...yea, her, she's good.
It's a hard knock life for a teen!

No comments: